Hy2Care is a start-up in the Medical Device industry, developing products to prevent the occurrence of Osteo-Arthritis. Hy2Care’s first product is an injectable hydrogel, repairing cartilage damages.
Currently we are hiring:
R&D Scientist (1.0 FTE)
You will have the opportunity to be part of a young, dynamic and passionate organization that is involved in developing medical devices to prevent the onset of Osteo-Arthritis. As a part of a small, driven and enthusiastic team of professionals, you make an important contribution to the development of our product, and thus to preventing discomfort, pain and costs as a result form cartilage damages.
As R&D Scientist, you report directly to the R&D Manager. You’ll work on R&D projects and assignments, related to gel characterization as well as product development, the preparation of SOPs and the creation and validation of QA protocols in accordance with ISO 13465 guidelines.
You have a Master degree in e.g. polymer chemistry, biochemistry, biomedical engineer and have relevant work experience in a regulated environment, such as ISO 13485 or cGMP. You have more than one year hands-on lab experience in polymer chemistry or biomedical engineering, preferable in a medical device company and you have experience with and knowledge off quality management systems and relevant experience in the area of QA. The nature of the work in a lab requires a good working attitude, accuracy and good documentation skills. You communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing.
You have knowledge and understanding of scientific methods and how to use them. You take initiative and responsibility and have a problem-solving, hands-on mentality. You are result-oriented and driven, without losing sight of quality. You are an involved team-player while also being able to work independently. You are flexible and connect easily with others.
Tasks and results
- Responsible for executing R&D and operational activities in the laboratory for specific work-streams within product-development of Hy2Care’s hydrogel
- Being an intrinsic part of the QA/RA team, active in setting up and implementing the QMS System according to ISO 13485, e.g. reviewing procedures, work-instructions, forms, templates
- Research and coordinate resources to prepare proper documentation consistently with company objectives
- Developing standard operating procedures with focus on injectability, gelation time, rheological properties and degree of functionalization (H-NMR)
- Performing Physico-chemical characterization and mechanical testing of Hy2Care’s hydrogels
- Identifying and resolving technical problems if any during research testing
- Writing and supporting project plans and reports, based on test results, as well as literature-based rationales for product specification
- Supporting the R&D Manager in co-managing and supervising the student interns
We offer you an employment contract for a period of one year, with the possibility of extension, and competitive market-oriented salary and secondary benefits. The location is Brightlands Campus Geleen (Chemelot).
Please send your CV and extended letter of motivation before September 7th 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional questions, please contact: Dr. Kshama Shree Sen, via Kshama.email@example.com
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.